Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Need some advice

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mwm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I asked this earlier but I didn't get any response -- it was embedded in another thread, so perhaps it got lost.

    I need some double pedal advice.

    I haven't played double in years, but I'd like to try it again. But, I really can't justify spending a ton of money. On the other hand -- pennywise/pound foolish and all that.

    Is there a good -- relatively inexpensive -- double pedal set-up out there? I would really want it under $200.

    Here are some choices from. I got these off of Musician's Friend -- but I imagine any place would be similar.

    They range in price from $99 to $186

    -Pacific Drums by DW DP402 Double Bass Drum Pedal
    -Pulse Pro Double Kick Pedal
    -Pearl P122TW Double Pedal
    -DW 4002P Double Bass Drum Pedal
    -Mapex P580 Double Bass Pedal
    -Pacific Drums by DW DP602C Double Pedal
    -Ludwig Modular Double Pedal
    -Tama HP200TW Iron Cobra Jr. Twin Pedal with Footplate

    Thanks in advance for any help! I want to give myself a Christmas present. [img]redface.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member FlamTriplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Get the 99 dollar Pacific.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pay $40 more for a pair of Eliminators.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member GoMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2004
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i bet flam triplet knows a hundred times more about drums than me, but I have the pacifics and they arent that great. I mean they are OK. They serve me very well... but it kinda bothers me that they dont have beater angle/footboard angle adjustment... so ... other than that its OK. Im not too crazy about it. It is a double pedal for 99 bucks tho!!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member XNavyDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2002
    Posts
    871
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just tried the newest version of the DW7000 double pedal, some nice improvements and very smooth.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member FlamTriplet's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by GoMan:
    i bet flam triplet knows a hundred times more about drums than me, but I have the pacifics and they arent that great. I mean they are OK. They serve me very well... but it kinda bothers me that they dont have beater angle/footboard angle adjustment... so ... other than that its OK. Im not too crazy about it. It is a double pedal for 99 bucks tho!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You know about them better than me! I just hit them at GC and they worked----nothing outstanding. But they are 99 dollars and I thought it be best to go el cheapo.
    Pete's right, save up and get the Eliminators.

    What kind of single pedal do you have? Is it good? If so, then getting a cheap double pedal will just turn you off completely. If you want to play double bass well, you need to get good equipment.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 16, 2004 02:22 AM: Message edited by: FlamTriplet ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •